View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 alive??? 
champion
champion

hey guys, once in a while i pop op on the server, but lately, not a lot of people are playing on it, should we replace the map (a modded one) or put it on a rotation ? cause this way its really slow on active players i guess

Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:47 pm
Profile WWW
hardcore trekkie!
hardcore trekkie!

It is strange really, server has gone from being vaguely popular to pretty much zilch most of the time. It isnt being ddosed as we fixed that so i dont see the reason for the general drop in numbers.

Personally, i dont like going on unless there are a few players on because playing with 1 or 2 people is a bit ehhh.

Ive thought about going rotation, perhaps a pacific rotation? See what the others think, we could always try it for a bit.

Jex

Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:20 pm

Im up for it.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:55 pm

I agree that we should try something and rotation may help.  I don't go in if only a  couple of people are there, but that's because I only stay on water.  Let's try a Pacific rotation for a bit.  We can always go back if it doesn't help.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:16 am
Profile YIM
hardcore trekkie!
hardcore trekkie!

Sounds good, when i get back tonight (going out) if i am sober enough i will switch to a rotation, pacific maps one. As far as I am aware there is no server out there that does this.

My only concern is, and you will all have seen this before. When a server switches map, very occassionally it kicks everybody out and says 'disconnected from server'. Which is a real pain. I might be able to get gameservers to look into it but they are... ehh

J

Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:58 am

Effectively, for some time, the server empties of his inveterate or occasional players.

I think we should restore a second life in " the apostles of Midway " by making rotations of map as you propose it Xfiles1976.

Why not to alternate the mode conquest with the ctf (guadalcanal for example, it is the map which pleases in this mode a lot <= just an idea?

Furthermore, do you have an idea to recruit how players without going directly on the servers ?

LuckyLukedu22

Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:46 am
Profile WWW

Been on and off of late with a few other guys... lucky and unnamed are never on though ?

edited: 27th /  18.58pm  ...  The suggestion of rotation was put forward a number of times over many years.... answer was not much different from yea, we could change the map say once a week.
It's really  GREAT  to have rotation these days though coral still kinda sucks.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:20 am

Hi,
Jex, could you make any change to bring more players here please ?
For example :
- allowed to get flags with plane
- Remove Aichi-T
- accept all language

Last edited by LuckyLukedu22 on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:04 am
Profile WWW

S1lv3r wrote:
Been on and off of late with a few other guys... lucky and unnamed are never on though ?

I was online on the server a couple of months ago. I had to format my pc and didn't install BF yet. I will do it this weekend. I'm still on the forums tho. :)

Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:42 pm

UnNameD wrote:
I was online on the server a couple of months ago. I had to format my pc and didn't install BF yet. I will do it this weekend. I'm still on the forums tho. :)

You're welcome :P
btw, i took back the tag to make any publicy :mrgreen:

Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:46 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]